The UAMP, a.k.a The Utah Association of Mortgage Professionals, is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization organized under the laws of the State of Utah. The UAMP is dedicated to improving the mortgage brokerage industry in a number of ways:
1. Increasing consumer confidence in member professionals. UAMP members subscribe to the Code of Ethics and Best Lending Practices as set forth by the NAMB, The National Association of Mortgage Professionals.
2. Combatting fraudulent and deceptive or illegal practices. UAMP promoted and helped shape the legislation which ultimately resulted in licensure of mortgage originators and mortgage companies in Utah, complete with educational and testing requirements, and supports the efforts of the Division of Real Estate (DRE) in its administration of these laws and rules. The UAMP actively participates with the Mortgage Commission, as well as other divisions of the Department of Commerce to promote excellence and professionalism in the mortgage industry.
3. Ensuring compliance with all laws and administrative rules. UAMP serves as a source of information and provides ongoing education and training for all its members, to assure that they are aware of and compliant with the changing regulations in our industry.
4. Providing quality educational opportunities. The UAMP sponsors monthly luncheons, annual UAMP Expo, NAMB National, and the UAMP golf tournament each year, as well as hosts educational events, luncheons, and activites through its various chapters.
5. Giving mortgage professionals a forum to discuss issues affecting our industry. UAMP maintains constant contact with all levels of Utah government, facilitating an ongoing dialogue with lawmakers, regulators, and administrators in an effort to improve relations between the public and private sectors. UAMP also provides opportunities for Mortgage Professionals to openly discuss issues and concerns with the decision makers in Utah politics.
|Board Member||Phone||Board Position|
|Nathan S. Piercefirstname.lastname@example.org||801.597.2122||Communications|
|John G. Stevensemail@example.com||801.427.7111||Director|